Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whose Voice?

11 Samuel 24-25:44

Two people; a married couple; Nabal and Abigail; both heard the same “news” about David’s flight from Saul, both were God’s people but one was not of God. Nabal was a descendent of Calab, a mighty warrior of strong faith, yet Nabal had none and didn’t take up his legacy. . Nabal had no spiritual insight [1 Samuel 25:4-11], but Abagail did [1 Samuel 25:15-19] . Nabal couldn’t recognize God’s protection; Abigail did [1 Samuel 25:23-31]

Jesus said,

 22-24They were celebrating Hanukkah just then in Jerusalem. It was winter. Jesus was strolling in the Temple across Solomon's Porch. The Jews, circling him, said, "How long are you going to keep us guessing? If you're the Messiah, tell us straight out."

 25-30Jesus answered, "I told you, but you don't believe. Everything I have done has been authorized by my Father, actions that speak louder than words. You don't believe because you're not my sheep. My sheep recognize my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them real and eternal life. They are protected from the Destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand. The Father who put them under my care is so much greater than the Destroyer and Thief. No one could ever get them away from him. I and the Father are one heart and mind." (John 10:24-30, The Message).

God's people know God's ways, actions and voice even before they know God in the present, they have known Him in their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment