Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Throw Down in the Desert: Part II







I’m still reading about the “Throw Down in the Desert” and decided to do some WEB research on the Ten Plagues and what they meant  and which  gods of Egypt (also can substitute – gods of this world) were attacked.  I used “10 Plagues of Egypt” as my search phrase and got a lot of hits but I’m posting a link to the one I found, at least for me, that integrated most succinctly what was being attacked and why  (Make sure you scroll all the down to see what links the writer attached to his/her article).  I also come across a writing that compared the plagues to what will be released upon the earth In the Last Days as per the vision John saw and wrote about in the Book of Revelation.    The person who did it provided his comparisons as a Word Document and a hope the link to his word attachment can be accessed.

In keeping with my theme of Cloaks, the God of the Universe is stripping the gods of Egypt, thus of this world, of their supposedly superior cloaks. I guess like the little child in that children’s story, The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christian Anderson (is it really a children’s story or is it a parable?), will we recognize they really don't have any clothes on?

No comments:

Post a Comment