Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Am I Reading and Willing Despite Being Able


Exodus 30:11-31:18

As today’s Old Testament reading goes through what God requires in his Tabernacle, what to make, how to make it and by whom, I was going to focus on something I read in Psalms because I couldn’t connect anything about Favor or Covering, but then I did.  God, in His Favor, and within the Covering of His people, gave “gifts” to some craftsman, Bezalel, son of Uri, and Oholiab son of Ahisamach., and other “gifted” craftsman;  however Bazalel was the leader and Oholiab, his assistant.  But there was an organizational hierarchy, a chain of command.

Although we may desire someone’s position or think we can do better, it is appointed leadership who must take their instructions from God, to the letter, or face the consequences.  More times than not we look at those in charge and declare we can do better, but can we.  And even if we can do better, are we willing to accept the responsibility for getting it wrong if we don’t follow directions.  Not only do we have to be “gifted” in an area, we also must be willing to do what needs to be done even if we don’t get the recognition.  The Tabernacle is almost always called Moses’ tabernacle even though Moses did not do any of the building or construction.  In reality it was God’s doing, His structure, but it is still called even today, Moses’ Tabernacle. 

Am I willing, in my pursuits and work, ready, willing and able to give up the Glory to someone else?  I can make all kinds of posturing and say, well I’d do it for God, I give Him all the glory.  Yet it reality, if I cannot let another man get the recognition, someone who I can see, am I really in my heart ready to give up recognition to someone, God, who I cannot see? 
.
And now on to what I picked up in my reading of Psalms:

Psalms 32:5-7  NIV  Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"-- and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah (6)  Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him.  (7)  You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah


Godliness does not equate to sin-less-ness or guiltlessness.  How often have I used the word “godly” to describe someone especially relating to their character and integrity?  It appears I am wrong.  The term “godly” is usually used by me or others to defend someone from a charge or accusation, “They couldn’t do that because they are godly folks.”  Looks like I have some rethinking and reevaluating to do.

Reading through the Bible and searching for “Truth” always shakes up bad and erroneous thinking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment