Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What kind of god is God?

Exodus 15:19-17:7



What do I really believe about God? Do I think, like these folks wandering in the Desert after seeing God’s deliverance, after escaping from slavery with the “wealth of Egypt,” after complaining for water, and food, and having my needs met, that God is a sometimes God? The only way you would really believe that God is compartmentalized, like the gods of Egypt, is if your concept of a god was like those in Egypt. Trust seemed to be a big issue and lies, and telling of lies must have been rampart because we lie when we are 1) afraid and in fear, or 2) because we are trying to get something we think we won’t get unless we use deception.  Yet, these folks actually saw those little gods destroyed and obliterated by God. So what's up? I too know and have seen how God intervened in my life and in the life of others and I also have the same problem.


Israel definitely didn’t believe this Word when they heard it, “…, If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord your God and will do what is right in His sight, and will listen to and obey His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you which I brought upon the Egyptians, for I am the Lord Who heals you”( Exo 15:26 AMP ) The question for me is, “Do I really believe this?” Going by my past actions, “No.” Why not? It’s not God holding back it’s me that pushes back and refuses to think that God is talking to me, cares about me, wants to take care of me. I put caveats on Him helping me I have to be good enough, or thinking He’s already done enough for me.


So Moses and Aaron said to all Israel, At evening you shall know that the Lord has brought you out from the land of Egypt (Concerning Manna –This God said before he gave them Manna (means: What is it) And in the morning you shall see the glory of the Lord, for He hears your murmurings against the Lord. For what are we, that you murmur against us? Exo 16:6,7 AMP


Upon reading this I realize that I have the mantel of God’s favor on me, it is my clock, but I murmur and complain against the leadership He has set before me and thus, I’m murmuring against God. This is not just an “Old Testament” concept because Jesus mentions it in Matthew






So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble AMP, Mat 6:34. (Matthew 6:11/Luke 11:3)


When I worry about sufficiency for the coming days, I hoard and become greedy, and Lord knows we have too many greedy folks in the Kingdom proving we do not rely on the One we claim we serve.


Exo 16:16-21 AMP This is what the Lord has commanded: Let every man gather of it as much as he will need, an omer for each person, according to the number of your persons; take it, every man for those in his tent. (17) The [people] did so, and gathered some more, some less. (18) When they measured it with an omer, he who gathered much had nothing over, and he who gathered little had no lack; each gathered according to his need. (19) Moses said, Let none of it be left until morning. (20) But they did not listen to Moses; some of them left of it until morning, and it bred worms, became foul, and stank; and Moses was angry with them. (21) They gathered it every morning, each as much as he needed, for when the sun became hot it melted.


Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. (Mark 9:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment