Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

No Lord, It's This Way

EXODUS 13:17-15:18


The first think that struck me in today's reading is the route God took Israel  on upon their escape because it wasn't the one I would take.  The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, or the straightest line you can make considering the obstacles in your way.  But God considers the obstacles in our minds, the ones that cause us to want to return to our "vomit."  I can see myself in these loop-de-loop journeys, the ones I've been on in the past.  Not knowing my own quirks and character flaws, or better stated, not wanting to recognize them and call them out, my thoughts turn to how really inadequate I am but I think I can handle the route I want to take, but God has me on this thing, this crazy journey.  He even baits my enemies making me meet them face to face while I'm shaking in my boots.  The battle is really for my mind.  Will I believe what God has said about me, "You're free and clear of the enemy's grasp," or will I believe what the enemy says, "You're still my slave."


It all comes down to trust.  Will I trust my five senses, which fail, and lets me know I'm walking by sight, sense and circumstance and not by faith, or will I trust that God's Word is His Word and He doesn't lie.  Because in the end it is not me that saves my behind but God.  He is the one who will protect me from my enemies.  And let's be really clear here, most of the time I really don't know my enemies from my friends, I need to get that list from God 'cause I'm too dumb to come in from the rain.


I think right about now I should be asking what Solomon asked for, Wisdom.  Though Solomon asked for wisdom so he could lead the people, I need to ask for Wisdom so I can lead my life.


2 Ch 1:7-12 AMP That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, Ask what I shall give you.  (8)  And Solomon said to God, You have shown great mercy and loving-kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place.  (9)  Now, O Lord God, let Your promise to David my father be fulfilled, for you have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.  (10)  Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can rule this Your people who are so great?  (11)  God replied to Solomon, Because this was in your heart and you have not asked for riches, possessions, honor, and glory, or the life of your foes, or even for long life, but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may rule and judge My people over whom I have made you king,  (12)  Wisdom and knowledge are granted you. And I will give you riches, possessions, honor, and glory, such as none of the kings had before you, and none after you shall have their equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment